Camp Point
Welcome to Camp Point! Here we have teens and kids with special abilities. Or if you want to be fancy and cool like that, you could say super-power. Join in on the fun!
Camp Point
Welcome to Camp Point! Here we have teens and kids with special abilities. Or if you want to be fancy and cool like that, you could say super-power. Join in on the fun!
Camp Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Point

Special Camp/Home for kids with superhuman abilities

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to Roleplay (MUST READ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valdeymort
Admin

Power Points : 245

How to Roleplay (MUST READ) _
PostSubject: How to Roleplay (MUST READ)   How to Roleplay (MUST READ) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:03 am

What Is Roleplaying?

Here are some guidelines on how to roleplay. First, let's ask a simple question- what is roleplaying? Roleplaying is acting as a character, in existence or made up, and interact with other characters. In this case, this roleplay is not based on any television show, movie, or book. So there aren't really any certain ways to play.

Now, I'll teach you how to roleplay. Basically, when you're roleplaying, you should imagine you're writing the final draft of a story that's about to be published. When your character, or another character, is talking, it should be in quotations. Using correct spelling and grammar is a must. And you should be writing like you're writing a novel, too: your character is the first person narrator. For example, I might say, in a post:

fleeper wrote:
Quote :
Sweat dripped from my forehead and I wipe it off with the hem of my sleeve. I look up at the disastrous creature floating in the air. Using my power of flight I tip my nose toward the sky and flew towards my death. I look back at my partner giving her the thumbs up to take the monster down.

And then she might say:

sneepsneep wrote:
Quote :
I watched as he flew toward the creature. I prepared myself to power up. Although I'm a girl, I have superhuman strength which is a stereotype for only men. I ran toward the foot of the monster and I punched as hard as I could. He still wouldn't budge.

Powerplaying:

Something you shouldn't do is powerplaying.Powerplaying is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

fleep wrote:
Quote :
I saw my partner run toward the monster. She stopped and she started to eat fried chicken.

Out of Character:

There's no way to tell whether you're adding something to your post that's out of character, so the inventors of the online roleplay made up Out Of Character, or OOC. You can use OOC to suggest what to do to the other person, to comment on something, or basically anything. Here's an example of a roleplay with OOC:

fleep wrote:
Quote :
I saw my partner run toward the monster. I had a plan that could make this job a lot easier.
OOC: Attack its leg.

And then she might say:

sneepsneep wrote:
Quote :
OOC: Yeah! That should take him down for sure. xD
BIC: I run toward the monster and I punch the leg as hard as I could. The monster started stumbling and it fell to the cement.

As, you can probably figure out, BIC means back in character.

Double Posting:

One thing I don't like is double-posting. Or triple-, quadruple-, googolplex-posting, whatever. When you do multiple posts without anyone else posting, it looks really sloppy and bad. So don't multiple-post. Just don't do it.

Length of Posts:

I also hate it when people do really short posts, like:

sneepsneep wrote:
Quote :
I ran.

sneepsneep wrote:
Quote :
I punched.

sneepsneep wrote:
Quote :
It fell.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read.

I hope you have an enjoyable time roleplaying! Any questions? Post them below! or PM me. ;]

Love Your Admin,
Val
Back to top Go down
https://camppoint.forummotion.com

How to Roleplay (MUST READ)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Point :: Community (MUST READ) :: Rules and Joining (MUST READ)-
Jump to: