Camp Point
Welcome to Camp Point! Here we have teens and kids with special abilities. Or if you want to be fancy and cool like that, you could say super-power. Join in on the fun!
Camp Point
Welcome to Camp Point! Here we have teens and kids with special abilities. Or if you want to be fancy and cool like that, you could say super-power. Join in on the fun!
Camp Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Point

Special Camp/Home for kids with superhuman abilities

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Singing by the Campfire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valdeymort
Admin

Power Points : 245

Singing by the Campfire _
PostSubject: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:27 am

Ok, this is basically a thread that doesn't really mean anything. There's no plot or story behind it. But it depends on your posts, it could come up to mean something. A character finds out who they are, a relationship forms. And all that Jazz! Ok herewego. And I might post as multiple characters. But for right now I'm posting as Ethan, considering he's starting this little get together, and.... I don't really RP with him.

So this thread is about friendship and not fighting and just appreciating each other's company. There is no particular order. If you post, then you post. It'll be just like the Texting thread.

Drama, drama, drama. That's pretty much all what's been happening here at camp. I've been at this camp for five years. I miss the good old times where we all just got along. I miss the tranquility and the reason why I came back here every year. I had a plan, to get us all together again. A plan to remind us of our friendships and love. Without the hate to go beside it.

I had my Mahogany acoustic guitar in my right hand and a song in mind. One of my favorite songs to sing, when those punks back at my high school used to tease me. I walk to Central Camp seeing a large fire roaring and a bunch of logs and benches and places to sit around. I sit on top of the farthest table, that way I could see everything. Every seating, everyone and I would be the center of attention. Not in that conceited way, though.

I throw my strap over my back and I hold my guitar pick in my fingertips. I begin to pluck at the strings. Playing a sweet and soothing song.

"Sometimes, in our lives
We all have pain, we all have sorrow
But, if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For, it won't be long
Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on..."

I stop singing, but continue to play my guitar. There were several other campers around and I was pretty sure that they could hear me. I had a pretty strong voice and I was singing loud enough. I don't mean to brag, but I had a great voice. Best voice in my school, probably at camp.

I continue to look around, hoping that someone would join in and sing with me.
Back to top Go down
https://camppoint.forummotion.com
Lovely,

Lovely,

Power Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 pm

I strolled by Central Camp, when a familiar tune starts. It was so familiar, I started to hum to it. After a little hum, I realized it was "Lean on Me". No, I wasn't the biggest music fan, but it was one song I knew. So, I began to follow the music, and ended up around a campfire. Playing the song was a guy, around 20, strumming on a mahogany guitar. What's his name... Ethan? I wondered, and started to sing in.

"Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show..."

I began to sing. Sitting down was a good idea, so I sat down across from Ethan, waiting for the next couple of lyrics to go by.
Back to top Go down
Nutella
Cabin Leader

Power Points : 112

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 pm

She's not in the mood to sing. She's not in the mood to dance. It's just one of those days. A tiny angel toddles over to her, "Somefin' da madder?"
"I'm fine." she smiles, avoiding contact with the sweet little girl, attempting to confort her. The little girl rolls her eyes, standing akimbo, "No. Don't lie. I Charlie."
"Well, Charlie, you're an awfully sweet little girl. Why don't you go play with some kids?" Emilie suggests, twirling the ends of her hair, hiding her depressive state well.
"My sissy's a beeyotch. Besides, I like mature-r people. People who are edumicated." Charlie says, matter-of-factly, soon before skipping off into her own world as Emilie tries stifle her laughter at Charlie's failed attempt at being smart.
Emilie gathers her legs onto the logs, sitting as close as she can to the open fire. The flames capture exactly how she felt at six years of age. There's an old grand piano especially set out for tonight. She places her fingers on the keys, gently pushing them with each touch.

"Take all my vicious words
And turn them into something good
Take all my preconceptions
And let the truth be understood
Take all my prized possessions
Leave only what I need
Take all my pieces of doubt
And let me be what's underneath...."

She's not in the mood for competition. All she needs is a way to express herself and she's found it.
Back to top Go down
Valdeymort
Admin

Power Points : 245

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:20 pm

I continue to play my chords flowing through the music, closing my eyes to feel the sorrowful notes. I hear another sweet voice and I look up to see someone singing along with me. A huge grin reaches my face and I continue to sing.

"You just call on me brother when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on..."

I start shaking my head in rhythm with my guitar. I hear another song being played, and I see a young girl playing on the piano that was strangely out at night. I was confused and I furrowed my brow. I decided to ignore it and continue playing, but this was aggravating me.
Back to top Go down
https://camppoint.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Celeste heard of a campfire going on and decided she would join, she left her cabin and made her way to the location of the campfire. When Celeste got there she heard singing; singing always reminded her of home, she remembered when she use to dance around her room before she was sent to Camp Point. She looked around and saw a couple of people she knew and others she didn't, she saw a guy holding a guitar and singing "Lean On Me"and another girl singing with him as well; being that Celeste had been in America for a long time, she listened to American music all the time, but she also missed her native music and language. Celeste took a seat on one of the logs and just looked around, she forgot to bring her guitar with her but she was fine with just remembering the melody of her favorite song. She opened her mouth and began to sing lowly so no one could hear her, she just sat there and took in the memory of her home country.

"Ich bin hier irgendwo gelandet
Kann nicht mehr sagen, wer ich bin
hab die Erinnerung verloren
Die Bilder geben keinen Sinn
Bring mich zurück, bring mich nach Haus
Ich schaff's nicht allein hier raus

Komm und hilf mir fliegen
Leih mir deine Flügel
Ich tausch sie gegen die Welt
Gegen alles, was mich hält
Ich tausch sie heute Nacht
Gegen alles, was ich hab..."

She closed her eyes as she sung lowly to the very song that gave her hope of going home one day, she could hear the melody so clearly in her mind as if she had just listened to it. Whenever Celeste sang or listened to music, it was like the world did exist, like it was just her and the music.

Back to top Go down
Nutella
Cabin Leader

Power Points : 112

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Emilie sighs, stopping the piano's song dramatically. Sliding off the seat of the piano, she joins the rest of the campers, fleeing from the tree-covered part of camp. She listens intently as she hears a girl softly sing German songs and she lets herself approach the girl subconciously.

She climbs onto the logs and breathes in, ready to burst into a peaceful dance, ignoring everything around her.

Sammi tugs her brother gently by the arm to the campfire. "S'mores?"
He shrugs, not worrying about his struggles with his orientation and willingly roasts a soft marshmallow on the open fire.
"You know, DJ. I really do love you." she puts her marshmallow through the stick and smiles brightly.
"I love you too, Sammi." he shoves the marshmallow into his mouth, enjoying the sweetness.

Juliette unconsciously braids her blonde mane as she reaches central camp. Slightly pissed at Lonnie for not seeing each other all day, she duplicates herself, in order to find Lonnie. Lonnie, I swear....

"Have you seen Avalon?" she approaches the older guy playing guitar, "She's about 'yay' high...." Juliette raises her hand about two inches below her own height, before realizing she interrupted his playing, "Er, I'm sorry for interrupting...."
Back to top Go down
wedding

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:58 am

A significant save spring desinger wedding dress ,from the runway 2011!Purchase all kinds of quality wedding dresses 2011 at wholesale wedding accessories cost appropriate now! You know 90% wedding dresses within the world are created in China.So our factory can provied any wedding special occasions dresses that you just want.As the world-leading factory, we supply much numerous fashion styles and top quality bridal gowns , all at wholesale prices and no cost of charge shipping to worldwide! We supply the convenience of one-stop shopping with head-to-toe wedding dress.Our products incorporate wedding dresses,bridal party bridesmaids dresses,party dresses,bridal party flower girls dresses, special occasion dresses and wedding favors like wedding accessories headpieces , wedding accessories jewelry , jackets,bridal veils,wedding shoes .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing by the Campfire   Singing by the Campfire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singing by the Campfire

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Point :: Camp Point :: The Mess Hall :: Central Camp-
Jump to: